Thursday, November 1, 2007

czarina


I am somewhat biased when it comes to cats - well I like them all, but I've always had a soft spot for the greys. They don't have much of a facial epression: glowering with hooded eyes. There was one called Augustus Caesar in my childhood. But the greys I've known have always had a nice temperament and this one has a lovely disposition. But her imperial nature has earned her the name of "The Czarina", even though her adoption papers said her name was "Belle", With her velvet blue coat, her green eyes and broad Slavic face, she is undoubtedly aof noble Russian extraction.

1 comment:

Niagara Anglophile said...

Cats also give me a sense of home, no matter where it might be. Not long ago when I wasn't feeling well and could have very well had a fever, my cat "Icky"; all black with expressive eyes, came up to the sofa I was laying on, sat on my chest and put his paw on my shoulder in comfort. The warmth of his body made my cramping stomach feel better. The company made me me feel cozy and the bonding needed no explanation.

They are truly a gift from God.