Sunday, October 7, 2007

worldwide communion


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in Canada. I arrived at this church today prepared to celebrate communion and found the communion table (altar) covered with vegetables and in the middle was a loaf of bread, but there was nothing for communion. At first I thought that even though this was World Wide Communion Sunday I would just carry on, but the loaf of bread silently accused me, so before the sermon I asked if there was any juice in the kitchen - whatever - and someone went and found a jug of lemonade. Then I asked for a tumbler and asked a ten year old boy to assist me and we celebrated. The photo was taken following the service. I don't know why or how the communiction fouled up. This appears to be a disaster prone church - whatever. God is still present desite our goof ups.

No comments: