Thursday, December 20, 2007

surprise package

The parcel from my sister, the cosmetic queen,
arrived today. She has telephoned and told me that it was on its way and that it was "not for Christmas", so I opened it. It was filled to brimming with treasures. I loved this purse, but inside it, too, was filled with cosmetics. I put it down and looked at all the great stuff and when I looked back someone else had already taken possession of it. (Wherever I am "Miss Johnston" is never far behind.) It was just like opening a surprise Christmas stocking - something that doesn't happen any more. Aren't sisters treasures? Of course, my sisters remember things that I would rather forget, in graphic detail, with proof! They also undertand cats. Each of us has two each. It shall be fun when we all take them to the cottage.

No comments: