Tuesday, July 8, 2008

country technology

This is Joan's garden. I've using her computer, but here on the shore we only get dial-up. So sometimes I can load pictures onto the blog and sometimes - like the last time that I tried, it just comes up blank. But it worked today. I've been putting primer on the exterior of the house, working around on the shady side. I can only do what I can reach, then I'll have to get someone to do the high ladder work. Somehow, for me, paint cans and July just go together.

1 comment:

JustMe (Margaret) said...

Lovely.

I've been meaning to ask: is Nova Scotia soil particularly rich? Because your gardens are lovely.

New England soil is quite poor, sandy clay with lots of stones, and requires much improvement (with copious amounts of aged manure etc.) before it will produce anything as lush as this garden.