Wednesday, October 15, 2008

squash harvest



The afternoon before I left Northern Ontario a dear friend gave me three envelopes of seeds with "squash" penciled on each. I planted them after I had cleared three years of growth out of the garden I had started years before. Here is the splendid result. Friends came by and helped themselves. I have brought some back with me to New Brunswick.

I particularly love the aqua blue monsters that look very alien. You never know what will grow from a small gift of a seed.

2 comments:

JustMe (Margaret) said...

It's a beautiful arrangement.

The "aliens" look like Hubbards, which are blue but have a dark, sweet orange flesh. Delicious roasted with onions and cranberries and a bit of butter.

JustMe (Margaret) said...

http://whatscookingamerica.net/squash.htm

Ambers or turbans?