Saturday, November 29, 2008

cemetery



It poured in the night, and the morning started out quite grey. I was working hard on the almost final draft of a complex organizational model of church governance. When it was completed, I stretched and realized that the sun was shining. Now this is November, so it doesn't usually shine for very long. I had to get out! I love exploring the back roads. This little cemetery is somewhere between Norton and Bloomfield. When I took the picture the sun was no longer shining. But it wasn't raining, and the snow here from the weekend storm has vanished.

These pioneer cemeteries are forgotten. Often the local historical societies volunteer to work on the upkeep. Eventually all the places where we are buried will be forgotten. So much for paying for perpetual care!

1 comment:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh how delightful to come and "catch up" with you in your corner of the world. Your snows have already receded and we have yet to get a single dusting out here in my mountains -- in fact, we don't even need a sweater for walks. Soon that will change (at least I hope it will). ; )