Saturday, February 27, 2010

after the deluge

I went home for Friday, and it rained and rained and rained into the parlour. So I had painted this wall two years ago, then last year water poured through the far window. So the flashing was repaired last year for both windows and some shingles were replaced. I painted the wall again: one coat primer and two coats of paint. Then yesterday the water poured into the room again. This means that the shingles need to be replaced. But this is not the worse wall. The south side is a much larger wall and it needs to be replaced too. But flashing was replaced there last year. So I painted it the year before and then again last year.

This morning I finished the interior painting as much as I can now. The carpenter is coming next week so we can go over finishing the interior - but now I think the treasury will be spent on the exterior, and the interior will wait and wait and wait.

So now the decision - shingles again, or throw in the towel and have siding put up. I am thinking of throwing in that towel. I have better things to do with my time than to be constantly painting houses.

There is always sunshine after the rain.

1 comment:

Rita said...

PLEASE don't throw in the towel!
I'll help and it will go twice as fast leaving twice as much time to play :) PLEASE?