Monday, June 1, 2009

the deal



I was off early this morning checking on the price of lawn mowers. I wanted something that wasn't gasoline fueled, for practical reasons as well as ecological. I have no out buildings so I have to store it in the house. The property is too long for an electrical cord. The battery powered ones are expensive and there are still some kinks in the design to work out, so I thought that I would buy a push mower. They are vastly improved over the old metal clunkers and I need to walk. Of course I would walk with all the others, too. But I can just pick this up and put it in the house. But at one hardware there was this bistro set that I had my eye on, and they knocked a third off the price for me, so I took it and the mower. They gave me assembled chairs because they said that the chairs were difficult to put together. The bistro set will be a fine welcoming addition to my front deck. It is my purchase for my summer holidays. Here it is in the back of my car and I shall drive around with it until I return home to Nova Scotia on Thursday evening.

1 comment:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh I just love that bistro set! What a deal at a third off -- though full price would have been money well spent if you will enjoy it each day of your loooooong summer nights. Don't you just love the summer nights that go on forever, it seems, at this time of year?

My push mower days are 9 years behind me in Felton. Here in Grass Valley my husband rides over the acreage with his sporty mower. (The one he bought for ME on "Father's Day" Ha Ha!)

Enjoy your gardens and grass and summertime fun. ; )