Friday, September 14, 2007

domestic altar


I set myself up a little meditation space and placed a candle on a saucer. But it grew. I was given the angel candle holder. I added a green rock that I found once in a tidal pool. There is the little embroidered prayer rug that a friend made. I put some flowers in a vase. I have a photo of Elder Paisios, because I love his old face and one of Mother Gavrilia, because I loved her book "The Ascetic of Love" There is an incense holder which makes a bit of a mess. A ceramic frog that I found in the grass. It reminds me that I am an amphibian, being that I am both in this world and in the other. A statue of Teresa of Lisieux came in the post last year from the Carmelites asking for a donation, and there is a little conducter from an old train set that I found in the bottom of an oriental vase that I got at an auction. He is carrying a lantern. He is my light bearer.

No comments: