Thursday, September 27, 2007

graveyard

I've no photo because there wasn't time. Several days ago I had followed co-ordinates for a geocache that led me near the edge of a cemetery, but I was still amongst the graves. I searched around and found nothing. So I had wandered through the dead centre of town and came up empty handed. Yesterday I performed a memorial service for Woody, but the crematorium was closed for inspection so the ashes were not available for interment until this afternoon. I arrived at the same cemetery before the family and saw that the open grave was on the other side. So I drove through the cemetery close to where I had been on the previous day and tried again. It seems that these GPS gadgets are affected by the time of day (satellite position) as well as by sun activity, so this time I was led directly to the cache at the very edge of the cemetery on the fence line. I quickly recorded my name and then got back in my car and drove up to the grave site and just then the family arrived - so no photo, but I'm living on the edge.

No comments: