Thursday, September 13, 2007

the end


I suppose that it was indicative of the relationship that my partner never displayed my photo. I took this pic this morning before I dropped the photo and the frame into my lower drawer under the pants that do not fit. I used to say a prayer each time that I passed it by; for my partner, for healing in the relationship. If I hadn't prayed I wouldn't have stayed until the bitter end. I had this irrational faith that healing could happen. I wonder if I hadn't prayed would I have stayed and endued for so long. So I ask myself, did this prayer do me harm?

1 comment:

Niagara Anglophile said...

Prayer never does any harm in my estimate. It's just that often the partner may have other motives which we might not be aware of. Your heart was in the right place. Don't beat yourself up over it. Your heart is good! At least you can look at yourself in the mirror and say that you would make someone in the future a fine, dedicated loving partner. Can the other say that??