Saturday, January 5, 2008

hope


I have been writing this log in an effort to get over a failed relationship. You never really know your partner until you have broken up. The short of it is that I was here in the north earning the money to support us and to pay off a couple of mortgages on my dream of a property that we were developing for tourism. The breakup meant that the property has to be sold. I love that little piece of Nova Scotia. I thought that all was lost, and the big property which I adore, certainly is, but I think that I can keep a house that is in the process of being renovated - very unfinished. The name of the house is "High Hopes".
The day that I made and began to impliment that decision, there was a Christmas service and party for the church ladies. Little boxes were randomly handed out, each with a different message inside. My rock said "hope". It sent a shiver up my spine. I also had a box filled with sponges and rocks from the beach near the Nova Scotia house. I had brought it with me, but its memories were scarred from the circumstances surrounding my receiving it. Today I threw the box out and put the beach rocks and the sponge in with the hope rock. This is a new day and a new time.

No comments: