Wednesday, January 30, 2008

North Dakota

I flew towards Regina and the plane did a U turn and went back to Toronto. Regina had been shut down by a blizzard. The next day I tried again and arrived to bitter cold and a two hour drive through the prairie. Now I had expected it to be flat, what I had not expected was that I was blown away by its beauty. But as I was always being driven around, I could not take any photos. I have been brought here to see if I would accept a two year appointment with three churches on the border. I was able to take photos of a couple of the churches, so here it is a church in North Dakota. I took the photo because I never thought that I would consider a position in a church which had an American flag beside the communion table. Life can take some very strange turns.

1 comment:

Niagara Anglophile said...

Flags are often in churches in the U.S. Sometimes one might think one is in a courthouse! :)

Good luck in the venture!

John