Thursday, April 2, 2009

first day





I am almost back. I am in Montreal. There is no snow. Yesterday I flew over Nova Scotia, and there seemed to be an awful lot of snow. If I could have jumped I would have been home yesterday. I arrived last evening. My luggage arrived this morning.
We flew to Florida on March 14 and boarded the ship. It slipped away in the dark. In the morning I peeped out the window to this view. So up and dressed and out and on to a tender and then on to the beach on a private island in the Bahamas. It seemed that we had entered some sort of time warp. We snorkeled and and lazily followed the fish. There was nothing else in the world.

Then we slipped away again in the evening and sailed across the Atlantic for seven dreamlike days. On the eighth day we reached landfall. By the end of the voyage we had sailed 5,548 nautical miles.

No comments: