Wednesday, January 6, 2010

suburban geocaching






How I spent my winter vacation: My son and his youngest son, Tommy, went geocaching in the suburban sprawl. We searched under benches, in fences and large parking lot light fixtures: the great Canadian wilderness. And we returned triumphant having found four hidden caches. Tommy made us celebratory hot chocolate. There is nothing to beat sitting around in the warmth, in from the cold, telling each other how clever we all are.

Here is a follow up on the Climate Change campaign:





And I spent some time in Northern Ontario where ice fishing is the chief form of entertainment. This is from Debra's blog, thanks Debra, I just had to share it:

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ha ha, glad you liked the ice fishing video! And geocaching is staggeringly popular, isn't it? I'm amazed at how many people all over the world are engaged in it.