Sunday, March 14, 2010

burning brush

Okay, so you don't see the huge conflagration because I was too busy watching the fire, and raking down the burning grass. I had two huge piles of brush, one covered an old willow stump and roots. I was by myself, and a little breeze came up. So I pulled stuff over to back a third smaller, more manageable pile and burnt that first. Then the larger heap became smaller and that went next. And then I fed it with the other heap. In the end all that was left is the stump. It will become a rather fetching garden feature. Assistants turned up to help. One assistant's hat inadvertently got thrown into the blaze *&%@#, and my hair got a little singed, but all in all in was a great success. Lawn chairs were set out, and we all enjoyed the fun in the sun.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I misread your post's title. I thought perhaps you had a little Moses moment.