Thursday, March 4, 2010

houseplants

The poinsettia that came to live with me at the end of November obviously really likes being with me as it has not changed in the past four plus months, and it 's half way through Lent. It refuses to die, or even lose what it pretends to be petals. It doesn't seem to understand that I only got it for the Christmas season - my one decoration. So I went and got what I've always wanted, an orchid. I have to put her on the top of the bookcase, because there is so much full sun in the apartment room. I love her and I don't wish death on her ever. That poinsettia still looks magnificent.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You can't kill poinsettias with a stick. They last for friggin' forever! I found that out the hard way with the one and only poinsettia I ever bought. Not making THAT mistake again!

Nice orchid.