Sunday, April 25, 2010

rained out

Last Saturday the game was rained out. The next day our tickets were good for a double header. So here we go to the ball park to cheer on the Portland Seadogs - at least I was cheering them on - my friend was rooting for the Trenton Thunder.

And here is the controversial statue celebrating the All American family.
  It seems right to me: active father and son and passive mother and daughter.

And here is the game which began in the sunshine.

What ever happened to the uniform - what are these long pants? The Trenton team were dressed in the proper socks and knickers.


By the fifth inning the Seadogs were losing. ( I blame it on the pants.) and the skies opened and the rain poured down. We left. I have no idea who won, if anyone, and if they played the second game. I prefer dry games in the summertime. But before leaving I tried the culinary offering at the park: fried dough!

  I shouldn't have.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Fried dough? What the hell ever happened to hot dogs and peanuts and crackerjack? LOL.

Rita said...

Update: Seadogs lost first game 5-2 but won the second one 3-1.