Friday, January 30, 2009

and the kitchen sink



Finally, finally, my mental health project is a reality. On Novemebr 20 I showed you the old sink and counter. They had been hauled out of a garage. There was no, no way to keep it clean despite the yellow paint that a dear friend painted over the crud earlier this year. Here is the new sink and counter. I left earlier than I thought I would on Wednesday for Nova Scotia. I tried to beat a storm and I almost, but not quite made it. Getting over the mountain was a little white knuckly. But when I came in the door and saw the project installed - it was heaven, well a dry heaven, there was no water, not just in the sink, but in the whole house.

By late evening the blizzard was roaring through. The house made such a noise in the wind, that sleep was impossible. Morning brought sunshine and glare ice, but the roof was intact. Still no water. I thought that I had frozen pipes because it had been so cold - but the house wasn't cold. By evening a couple of guys came to my rescue. The pressure tank had a blocked valve. I never would have figured that out. I washed my dishes in my new sink. And now to pay the cabinet maker.

I came back a day early. Today was lovely, but with snow forecast for tomorrow I decided that six hours driving through it was not my idea of fun. I was more than half way home, when listening to the radio, I heard that the forecast had been downgraded. I am here now, back in Sussex.

No comments: