Tuesday, January 27, 2009

free living



This is a window in the local library. I really don't know why we don't have to line up and take numbers to get into the library. It should be over crowded. Instead it is a quiet oasis. I depend on the library for my entertainment - I take out DVDs to watch on my laptop, CDs, I just got one by k.d. lang, "hymns of the 49th parallel. I'll down load it onto my laptop and then transfer it to my cell phone. And books: cook books, gardening books, history books, art books, exercise books and of course novels to veg out with. I have cooked exotic food, designed gardens, taken drawing lessons and immersed myself in Russian history. I am still working on a needlework pattern that I got from a library three years ago - but that's another story. Everything is free - including the big easy chairs for reading the newspapers and the magazines. What a deal! Maybe I shouldn't be telling anyone.

No comments: