Friday, March 13, 2009

breakfast conversation



We were having this conversation over breakfast and my grandson asked me if I was going to put it on the blog. So here it is. What do you call this piece of furniture? It appears that "chesterfield" is an only-in-Canada word. Who knew ..and wait for it. The anagram of my name is "the jury drip" while their father is, "asexual coy nerd". And I am like the dog with freckled hands (paws) and brown eyes. Conversations with nine and seven year olds are filled with surprises.

2 comments:

Rita said...

HHHMMM: chesterfield is also a term used in No. California for a couch with padded and high armrests. It came to Calif through the trade region around 1903 which is about the same time it began being used in Canada. The thought is is that it comes from Lord Chesterfield in some way. As for anagrams: "the jury drip" is pretty good. I will see what I can do with my name: Rita Alfonso LaBarbera, maybe an anagram short story or grocery list. R

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I knew "Chesterfield" and I've only been to PEI once (can't recall hearing it there, however). I have read a fair amount of Canadian lit, so I understand your "language." : )

Those name games are a crack up. I'll have to see what my kids can come up with.