Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fundy Trail






I went walking and sketching by the Salmon River today. If you look to the horizon on the right hand side, that is where I live. Of course it takes almost six hours to drive around, but I can see home from here.
The Bay of Fundy has been selected to be in the running for the seven new wonders of the world. It is the only site in Canada. This may mean that the Rockies, Niagara Falls and the Far North are diddly squat compared to my Bay. There may be those that differ, but their wonder just didn't make the cut. So this means that you need to vote: right here: votemyfundy.com
Every vote counts. In the list I also selected Halong Bay because I've sailed on it, and it is truly fabulous, too.
I passed the waterfall on the way back. On both sides of the Bay there are huge cliffs and the water pours over and down into the ocean.

No comments: