Saturday, August 15, 2009

hydrangea




The first really hot summer days have arrived - and I've been travelling in my little basic black car, with the poor cats. No air conditioning. The windows work. (The first time I heard someone, a car salesman, say that a car had "air" I thought that he was talking about inflating the tyres.) Anyway I drove down after work on Thursday, spent Friday planting this little bush - giving it plenty of room as it is supposed to end up being 6'x6' - near the front steps. It should fill it in nicely. I worked in the day lily field, put some more paint on the house, entertained for supper, then went out to a Scrabble/Quiddler evening, and drove back this afternoon in the heat. It is a six hour drive. Now I had better review my stuff for tomorrow's service. I think that there are folks who think that I relax on my day off.

No comments: