Friday, July 13, 2007

dead computer, or at least sorely ailing

Dead computer, or at least sorely ailing
My computer died. It went into a slow decline. Now it is at the repair shop for the second time and I am trying to figure out a loaner from the geological company just down the street. I just finished installing the driver for my printer. Being off the infernal machine has given me a lot more time, but of course, there is stuff waiting for me to return to my “work” station. On the other hand I have been frustrated knowing that I have so much to do. The thing is now I am expected to be wired up. Then there is all the stuff on my computer. I’ve backed up some, but not everything. Then I’m wondering if I can even find my blog on the net. Twenty years ago none of this was a consideration.
My first computer was a Vic 20 – for playing. The family took it over.
Anyway I did some back searching and found it. It has been so long since I’ve had a functional machine and so now I promise to post whenever possible. I tried to post photos that last time I was on and it looked like it should work, but nothing appeared.
I am back in Northern Ontario and trying to piece my life back together. I am learning to live alone, sometimes lonely, sometimes guiltily contented. I am working through separation, a separation that I never wanted and that I did everything I could to prevent.
So a new life, knowing I have to leave here in a year or sooner, but with no idea where I am going. The one thing I know is that I am to be aware and writing this will help me achieve this goal, And perhaps you will help me do this.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I found you!! While idly sifting through a whack of paper debris, hoping to be able to recycle the lot, I came upon your BLOG site. Whew! The only email I have for you is your "travelling" one, and I imagine you no longer check it.

Reading some of your entries is pretty painful; I hate to think of you hurting so much. It makes me think that maybe - just maybe - I shouldn't regret being a tad superficial in my intimate/wedded relationships. Not having given "all" of me away, I didn't have to start my reclamation process from square one.

Still reading. . . .