Sunday, July 22, 2007

a grey cat, or two

Against my better judgement I agreed to take a cat that was going to be put down. It is one of seven from a woman who is having a kidney transplant and has been told by her doctor that she cannot be in a house with animals. But then I thought that if this cat had been with other cats it might not be happy alone, so then I said that I would take two. This is all the result of a very persuasive conversation before church. We went to see them this afternoon. I picked out a delightful grey with white. I said that I would have another to go with her, probably it will be a solid grey, but I left that to the humane society. They will keep them until I get back next week. It seems that these are indoor cats. The thing is that I don’t know where I will be going next year or whether I can take cats. Moreover I have to move everything I own in my Toyota Echo hatchback, and cat carriers simply take up too much space. Anyway at the very least these cats have been given a year’s reprieve. Something will happen. I’ve never been without cats for so long in my life, I do miss them so. She is such a beautiful cat. When I picked her up she snuggled into my arms. So she and her friend will be part of my life when I return next week.

No comments: