Monday, September 14, 2009

crossword

The Czarina is working on the
New York Times puzzle. She's not getting much further than I. I have heard that the reason the NYT puzzle is easier on the second day is because people have been working on it and the answers are in the ethers, or in the general consciousness. That makes it rather like prayer. This does not work for me because I get it from the Halifax, Nova Scotia, paper, and it is a week or so late. Of course if lots of Nova Scotians were finding the correct answer then it might apply on the second day. But, on the other hand if they were sending up the wrong answers then we would all be getting it wrong. I don't get it right. The names of obscure American senators and university sports teams and rap artists are not in my field of knowledge. There are, however, several sites on the web that supply the finished product.http://rexwordpuzzle.blogspot.com/. Just think. There are professional crossword puzzlers!

1 comment:

Niagara Anglophile said...

Czarina is a pretty cat! I love her somber eyes.