Sunday, September 6, 2009

tree


The maple tree must be very old and it stands by the road in the parking lot that the church is building. Should the church be building a parking lot at a time when we should be cutting down on our carbon footprint? I'll put that question aside. The tree looks really healthy until you look at the trunk and then you can see that the tree is really split down the centre. The town advised that the tree be cut down. The big machines were there to level the terrain, and the tree was to come down. Then this sign appeared. if you click on the picture it will enlarge. So the tree will remain. As the "ultimate authority" my advice was sought. Which is: "Until looks pretty sick, then you'd better leave it there, or you'll have a public relations disaster." I'm biased. I'm rooting for the tree.
And I couldn't resist Joni Mitchell singing about a parking lot:

No comments: