Friday, December 4, 2009

L'Arche


I joined several of the Maritime L'Arche Communities yesterday afternoon to have a service of celebration for the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. The first L'Arche Community, which I encountered was a number of years ago when some folks from the Homefires Home in Wolfville used to come to the Nova Nada Monastery on the monks' open Sunday. But now the monastery has left us, and I have moved on. It was good to join the the L'Arche folks once again, and they were all so appreciative and welcoming.
L'Arche is an international network of group homes founded by Jean Vanier, probably a saint, but still living, so I suppose that is technically impossible as I believe the criteria is to be dead and preform miracles.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Jean Vanier's selflessness has always been an inspiration, hasn't it?