Friday, December 11, 2009

out of the vestry closet


I tossed these preaching stoles out of the vestry closet as I was in a hurry to get a white one for a funeral. Then I was struck by the colours. I have favourites. I like the blue one for Advent, which I only get to wear four times a year, at most. The woven one with the fish is my favourite. It isn't for any season, but I do wear it on special occasions. My mother and I were having morning coffee in a Mexican cafe in San Miguel d'Allende many years ago. The stole was on display, we loved it and she bought it for me. I remember her every time I put it on.

And now for some theological reflexion:

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the jumbled rainbow colours of the stoles! And THANK YOU for introducing me to Mr. Diety -- that is just so hilarious! And I'm not surprised that P.Z. Myers plays the role of the Science Advisor -- he's a real pistol, that guy, when it comes to debunking religion. Now I must go to Mr. Diety's website and watch every episode!