Sunday, February 1, 2009

blue chair revisited



This is the blue chair from January 18, which my sister recognized and wondered if I was going to return. (Maybe) When she last saw it, it was bright green. Yesterday afternoon I took a hammer to some broken crockery and this is the result. All right - so the teapot wasn't broken, but it was badly stained, cracked and dripped. It met its maker. I could put a similar mosaic on the back, but I would need to break some more dishes, and I don't usually do this delibrately. I was really quite pleased with the result. I need to grout it, but it would need so little compound, that I should see if there is any left in my Nova Scotia home. I don't really recall seeing any. I'll check the next time that I go home.

2 comments:

Rita said...

well your chair looks really great; a new concept in recylcing. well done, Judith. Rita

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I love this chair! So clever! I have two big boxes of chipped and broken blue/white dishes just awaiting the day when I will get motivated and make that walkway through my gardens. This chair has given me a few more ideas. (Un)Fortunately my family keeps me in a goodly supply of broken china. I feel inspired . . . thank you! : D