Friday, February 6, 2009

melt



I was walking along Main Street. It's my little act of green. So I snapped these icicles. I love their glitter, but the ice is jamming on the roofs.

The kitchen ceiling at the church fell in yesterday. They should sit up and take notice at that one. The ice had jammed and the roof is flat. So the melt found its way down the walls and along the ceiling until... Now with the hole the hot air is moving up to the roof which is leading to more melt and there were a lot of buckets around today. The place is falling down around our ears. This is, of course, the responsibility of a bunch of guys, and the less said the better. Of course, I could have posted a picture of the kitchen ceiling, what's left of it.

1 comment:

Rita said...

ice jamming reminds me ofo rivers jamming along the banks, wrapping their weary selves around and around until only the swirls are present and whatever exists beneath the rivers can see the inside of the swirls and be reminded how blessed they are to see the world from the inside out