Saturday, February 7, 2009

to the city




It was a lovely sunny day and I drove into Saint John to be a tourist. I thought that if anyone ever came to visit me then I would know what to show them. Is anyone ever going to come to visit? This really isn't "The Drive-Through Province".

I went to the museum and was delighted that no admission is being charged for all of February (Better come soon.) I saw the mastodon skeleton. Threre used to be a lot of these beasts around here - but now they're extinct. What a loss! This is one of my particuler grievances. I want there to be mastodons in the woods. Perhaps it was climate change, but we know that the Clovis people hunted them, perhaps to extinction. They have found Clovis spear heads in the skeletons. So when I hear the First Nations folks talk about how they manage the natural resources, I want to reply "But what about the mastodons?"

Then I went to a bistro and had a wonderful full meal - calamaris - which I adore. After all this I found my way to the market and bought my supper and brought it home with me. Tomorrow it's back to work.

No comments: