Monday, June 18, 2007

the archbishop's letter

Several of the retired Canadian Anglican Archbishops wrote an open letter supporting same gender marriage which was published with an article in a national newspaper, the Globe and Mail: "Bless same-sex unions, retired archbishops urge" http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070614.wsynod0614/BNStory/National/home
Anyway, I walked into the pub at the golf course in Annapolis Royal yesterday with a couple of other gals and Archbishop Peters, one of the signatories, was paying his tab. So I said "Nice letter" and he replied: "I thought I'd be tarred and feathered". "Not by us" I replied, and the three of us elderly types grinned our approval.

We sat in the sunshine on the terrace with the golf course, the silvery water and the village in the distance. We ate well and talked long, and with my friends I shall survive. I shall take all these memories back with me to the north.


No comments: