Tuesday, June 19, 2007

dream pigs

I had a dream about a small herd of pigs. (I like pigs.) I was trying to build a large pen for the pigs underneath a house that was on posts. There was plenty of room. They were pink pigs, except for one that was a rusty colour. I’ve seen that colour in pigs. This pig came up to me and nuzzled me. I put my arms around her. Somehow I knew that she wanted to know what I had named her. I told her that her name was Algoma. She was very pleased. I thought that I would not hurt her feelings and tell her that it was the name of a steel company.. There was a strong emotion of love.
So now what does it mean? I have, perhaps loved too much, too long, someone who increasingly abused me. My capacity for love had not diminished, but I have learnt hard lessons. Love does not conquer all. I used to have dreams of weird animals that I discovered in basements that I came to realize were hidden and unrecognized emotions. In this dream I am below a house but the animals are perfectly normal pigs. But who ever thought that pigs would personify enduring love!

No comments: