Friday, June 15, 2007

enough whimpering

Enough whimpering: a new life awaits. I am in that stage when I am putting pieces of the puzzle together. I am stubborn, or I am fearful, which is it? I ignore the warning signs and stay in a relationship or a job until its bitter end. Praying to a god to fix things up, for healing, has only prolonged the process. That has been a major insight; that my faith has keep me in abusive relationships. Well, no more, 63 years may be a bit old to start out on a new path of being alone and becoming my own person, but I’ve taken the first step, and I’m going to do it.
A dear friend came into Halifax yesterday evening. We walked over to an Ethiopian restaurant and had a very different, but very good meal. There are no utensils, just a flat crepe like bread to use to pickup the food. We dipped in and enjoyed. Each time I meet up with people from my past, they help me to see with greater clarity, now, that the fog has lifted and I am moving on.

No comments: