Monday, June 11, 2007

just starting out

I have just started and created a blog. I am just starting and creating a life. A relationship of twelve years, that I thought was for a lifetime, has come crashing down and with it goes my home on the ocean shore, my gardens and the hospitality business that took so long to create. Now that is over and done with and I begin again. This beginning is reabsorbing me into the realm of a transcendent god, rather than the Mister Fix-It Deity that I professionally serve in my position as a "minister of the gospel". In the midst of all these changes I begin to write.

It is an appropriate beginning - a rainy Monday morning in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. I am spending time with my son, his wife and two grandchildren. I am doing the usual things, reading, playing checkers, buying treats and reconnecting. Reconnecting must be the word. I am reconnecting with living and no one can just live, we've got to dance.

I cannot start again from nothing. I bring everything I was and am to the dance floor, but then some of the burdens need to be jettisoned inorder that I might be able to freely move again. A sacred dance moves through the interconnectedness of all things. If it takes me beyond Christianity, then I must go, but my words and memories are western and Christian and are in the process of being redefined.

No comments: