Sunday, June 24, 2007

farmer's market

Yesterday we went to the Farmer’s Market. The market is held in an old brewery, a heritage building, and it happens on many levels in all the rooms. It is overflowing. I wanted to be there once before I left, because next year they will be in larger quarters out on a pier in a new state-of-the-art ecological building. I just wanted to be there with the colour and the people and the smells. I hope to return to this city to live, and then I shall be at the market every Saturday morning. By then it will be in the new building, and it shall have its own ambiance. I needed to say goodbye to the old. They have a farmer's market in Timmins. I went once and and was so disappointed that I never returned. But the places simply cannot be compared and soon I will return to Timmins and enjoy the other experiences that it has to offer.

No comments: