Saturday, June 23, 2007

friendship

I had returned to Nova Scotia for a month to try and make a physical closure: lawyers, property, banks and messy details left over from a broken relationship that I had thought was of God and would last though eternity. I had prayed for years for healing. This was not the outcome that I had envisaged or that I had ever wanted. I came to doubt in a God who answered prayers, constant fervent prayer. I came here alone, two hours down the road from our former home. And friends sought me out, embraced me in their love and concern. Now I can see more clearly how the dominance of my former partner had put barriers between family and friends, and without this encumbrance, I am loved and cherished. This was never the outcome that I could have foreseen.

So to the dear friends that I never really knew that I had: my gratitude, my love and our future filled with light. Your reaching out, your concern, your assistance and your showing me that I am a person, separate and alive and standing alone is restoring me to the person that I was and am being created to be.

No comments: