Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jesus in a bedsheet




I've finishing clearing out my office and have taken out pictures that I had hidden in the closet. So here they are back on the wall.. Have you ever thought about this good shepherd - wandering in the back country wrapped in a white bed sheet? There are two rams in flock - a flock only needs one ram, The flock consists of females - ewes - in the spring they drop their lambs. Half of the lambs would be males - which means that they are slaughtered. Shepherds eat lamb chops. Jesus was not a vegetarian. And he could not have been the paleface in the picture. So disclosure number two. I cannot abide religious sentimentality. I smile sweetly and think about how precious it all is. "Precious" is the word I substitute for "Who gives a sh.../fu...".  I love reading Geez Magazine:

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I looked at that picture of Jesus and the sheep every week at Sunday School when I was a kid, LOL! If you want to see the very best of sentimental religious art ironically displayed, check out http://www.jesusoftheweek.com It's one of my favourite websites!