Thursday, October 1, 2009

sumac

The sumac is turning such a lovely fiery red. I shouldn't even let it into my garden as it is so invasive. It had volunteered  itself into the path leading into the potager and I moved it out and put it closer to the cemetery fence. The cemetery has a serious no-nonsense link fence, perhaps to keep the denizens in. It is ugly and I plant anything that I can find to hide it from my view and begin to enclose the garden. I may regret these sumac. I am still pulling it out of the pathway and I fear that I can only keep them at bay.
On another note later this evening two dogs are arriving to spend the winter here. That should twist the cats' whiskers. Housesitters/ roomers/boarders will keep my house by the bay warm and friendly for a few months.And my job is moving closer to here so I shall be able to return more often. It will be a busy, happy place.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The sumac is lovely but you're right to keep an eye on it!