Friday, October 23, 2009

packing up again



Enough said about this moving disaster


Self disclosure number 3: I broke the sexist bar at the Montreal Gazette. I was their first female carrier. I was in grade seven. Up at five thirty, over top the drop off point, loading up my bag and then house to house. I got good tips. And later when the carriers used to come around to collect and punch the cards, I always gave them a good tip. They don't do that anymore


Revisiting yesterday's art: See the comment left for yesterday. Here is a blow up of the other picture: an English Jesus in a bedsheet, in an English garden, with three adorable English children. If you double click it and blow it up you can see the fighter plane in the boy's hand.  I could write a thesis on the militarism, imperialism and racism wrapped up in a sweet religious dressing displayed in this picture.


In the interest of racial equality and animal rights (the singing panda), here is a Christian Science offering which I found on: http://www.ship-of-fools.com 



Perhaps I now need to redeem myself by leaving you with something with, in my view, more substance. I think this is really quite moving:

No comments: