Monday, August 20, 2007

batty



This is "Miss Johnston", one of the two cats whom I rescued from oblivion. They are "indoor" cats. So yesterday I was peering into the refridgerator wondering about breakfast when a large, a very large, bat flew by my head. After screaming I grabbed the newspaper and flung open the back door and then the front door. Frantically waving the newspaper the bat went around in circles and avoided both doors. Meanwhile the hornets in the nest by the back door, the reason I don't use that door, woke up. Then the cats fled out the front door. I batted hornets, collected the cats and shut the doors. The bat had disappeared.

It returned last night in my bedroom. It circled the bedroom ceiling. The cats ran around in circles. So I flung off the screens, and opened the windows full, turned off the heat and spent the night in the fresh air. It was 4 degrees Celsius last night. I wonder where that bat is now? The cats are resting up for another exciting night.

1 comment:

Timothy Carter said...

Sounds like quite a night! I hope the bat did, in fact, take the hint in the end.

Lovely photo of your cat, by the way. Please drop by my blog sometime and see a picture of mine!