Thursday, August 2, 2007

I'm back

I’m back. Not only that, my computer is back. After two weeks of being away for repairs they found out that it works if I disengage the battery.
It’s very hot and I have the fan on and am thinking about getting another drink of water. There… I spent some time at the family cottage. It was so good. More and more of my family came to join me until they were all there except for an older grandchild who has a summer job. Twelve people, two cats and a dog. I have gained so many blessings from my recent break up. I am free to visit family. They no longer feel alienated. I am free to go back home to our cottage on the lake where I had spent my childhood. When I went east to Halifax last month, I was surprised that I had so many friends that reached out to me. In the relationship, my partner had dominated. People who felt intimidated avoided us both. I have taken back my decision making and there are choices that I never dreamt were possible. And, oh, how I loved being back at the cottage on the Lake.

1 comment:

Niagara Anglophile said...

Your posting shows healing. You have a friend here always in Niagara Falls!

J.