Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Belle, as in "of the ball"


Belle arrived with her friend, Miss Johnson, on the first of August. Since that time she has been training me on exactly what she wants out of life. Being a blue, a short haired grey, she has velvet fur and beautiful green eyes. She turns up for petting when she wants to be loved and butts my hand with her head until I vigorously hold her head and give her a good scratch behind the ears. As soon as the cats see me going to the bedroom in the evening, they assemble, Miss Johnston settles in at the foot of the bed, but Belle lies down on top of me as I read. When the light goes out, she butts for a good rub and then settles herself around my head. Fortunately she only stays for a few minutes and then she is off to settle down for most of the night on the living room couch. Here’s she is on the couch. The thing about a cat without markings is that they don’t seem to have much of a facial expression, but she certainly has personality to make up for it.

No comments: