Tuesday, August 14, 2007

sisters

I’ve got two sisters.
Despite all our faults, and we know each other’s failings very well, we care and look after each other. Conversations on the telephone always end in laughter – really enjoyment – because there is real love there. Anyway I just got off the telephone and realized how I was uplifted by a caring voice, interest in my doings and planning for the future – probably Thanksgiving. I have had more grief with those I have chosen. My sisters were a given, and they have proven to be faithful, caring and understanding family.
This was a rainy, gloomy, stormy day and I worked at home – so I guess I really needed that telephone call this evening – and now the sky is clearing as I have to drive to a funeral an hour and a half away tomorrow morning. That’s the second one this week.

No comments: