Wednesday, August 8, 2007

day trip

Tomorrow I’m taking the train to the Arctic Ocean, well at least to James Bay, well at least to the delta a few miles from the sea.
We leave early and will return late so there will be no missive tomorrow. I did it last year with Jean. This past March, Jean and Denise and myself were having a cup of coffee and talking about last year’s adventure when Denise said that she wanted to go, too. So now Jean is gone and Denise and I will take the excursion early tomorrow. Really it is hours through the flat plain and boreal forest which leads to the coast. There’s not much there, but by taking a boat over to Moose Factory we find the Hudson Bay Post buildings dating from the 18th century – as old you can find in this part of the world. So it’s off early in the morning to catch the train. The forecast isn’t too good. But then it rained last year when we were there. Perhaps it always rains up on the coast, but I doubt it. It just rains when I go. The trip is four and a half hours each way.
I’ll take my book.

No comments: