Saturday, August 25, 2007

bears again


I actually tried to post this a couple of days ago but when I hit "publish post" it disappered into cyberspace. It turned up later but not before I republished it. I shall learn how this waoks, some day!
So Wednesday a bear raided the garbage bin of the house across the street and dragged one of the bags over to feast on my lawn. She came back in the evening for a second go at it but the light was too dim to take a good photo of her, although there was plenty of her.
I thought that they might pick up their garbage, but no such luck. So I got some disposable rubber gloves from the hospital and rebagged the debris. As I did it I became more and more disgusted. These folks do not recycle and the garbage was totally junk food. Nothing had been rinsed so it was a bear's delight. They love leftover Kentucky Fried Chicken and stciky MacDonald's wraps.
I took the bag across the street and left it by their front door. It is still there.
Of course the poop-and-scoop bylaw does not apply to bears. On the other hand they were here first and we didn't sign any treaties with the bears.

No comments: