Friday, August 17, 2007

morning paper

Perhaps I should get my paper delivered each morning.
My excuse is that I am away a lot and the papers would keep on coming. The real reason is that I like walking the block and crossing the highway to the bait shop and buying my paper. Minnows and coffee, leeches and muffins, worms and milk, and chips, and videos and my newspaper; what more could you ask from a store. There used to be a sign that read “worms – coffee”. No one though anything of it. Now the sign is down and the store is still going, but maybe only the insiders know what treasures lurk within. So I drop in before my breakfast, buy a paper for a loonie, while the real loons are calling on the lake, and walk home to greet the cats and make my breakfast before I open the paper catch up on the news, try the sudoko and finish off the crossword puzzle.
Then it is time to start the day.

No comments: