Sunday, August 5, 2007

the girls

Two little cats have come to live with me. Now I’m here for a year or less. I don’t know what will happen when I have to leave here. They have gained a reprieve. Who knows what the future holds? Apparently a woman needed an organ transplant and was told that there could be no animals in the house when she returned home. She had seven indoor cats which were very well looked after. However, she had to take them to the humane society, which was already overwhelmed with cats. Anyway, that was the story. I was approached to consider taking a cat, but these cats were used to company, so I took two. That is how the girls have come to stay. Miss Johnston is sitting on the desk beside me helping me to write this. I’d love to know the story behind that name. She is a grey and white with some brown shading – very fetching. Her friend is Belle, a little blue with green eyes. They are both very sweet. Now there are the three of us. Miss Johnston has just decided to walk across the keyboard, so perhaps I should draw this to a close.

No comments: